I will be teaching several photography workshops this summer through Altitude Fine Art Photography Gallery in Breckenridge, Colorado. For more information, please visit www.altitudegallery.com/workshops.
One Day Business of Wedding Photography
When: September 24, 2010
Where: Breckenridge, CO
Cost: $199 per person
Includes Lunch and models
Are you interested in wedding photography? This class will teach you what you need to know to break into the business the right way. This workshop is broken in to two distinct parts; a classroom session filled with ample time for Q&A, followed by a field session with professional models.
Visit www.gobreck.com to book your lodging.
Schedule is subject to change
Friday, September 24th
- 10:00am: Meet at (location to be determined)
- 10:30am Classroom I: Business Talk
- We will be exploring the realtities of becoming self employed including taxes, advertising expenses, time commitment, finances, and competition.
- 11:30am Classroom II: Equipment
- This session looks at the equipment needs of the wedding photographer. In edition to cameras, we will disucss lighting, lenses, computers, and digital storage media. You will also learn about different means of financing your equipment.
- 12:15pm Working Lunch Break
- A catered lunch will double as a time for questions and answers with photographers working in the business.
- 1:00 Classroom III: Pricing, Creativity, and Finding a Niche
- One of the most common questions emerging wedding photographers ask is, “How do I know what to charge?” This session will focus on creativity and pricing which go hand in hand.
- 2:00 Image critique. Bring up to 10 printed images, or an album for review
- 2:30 Break
- 3:30 Field session
- During the field session you will be able to work with professional models and photographers. You will also have access to professional lighting. This is a great portfolio building session
Altitude Gallery is offering the Fall Landscape Photography Workshop on Saturday. Sign up for both for only $249.
Schedule is subject to change without notice due to a variety of factors such as weather.